Who wants to study philosophy at UNAM?
already has spread widely in the blogosphere that sparked the scandal editorial analyst Carlos Mota with Millennium unfortunate article. Several bloggers have been responsible for answer many of the weak arguments of the article and even have shown their limitations logical. But I think everyone has failed to answer the main question is Mr. Mota:
Who wants to study philosophy at UNAM? Rereading
I had a difficult title for anyone to be able to answer it. How would I know that human beings have that intention in the head? What can you tell if Carlos is how many people want to study philosophy at the UNAM:
According to the notice to the last entrance examination which can be located easily on the Internet last year there were 642 applicants for school system and 238 for the open university system (It should be emphasized that these numbers do not include requests made to pass through regulated). So I have the pleasure to inform Carlos Mota that at least 880 people made an active effort to fill one of the 86 places that exist on a competitive selection to study philosophy at the UNAM. Caramba! could design an entire brigade of guerrillas! And that we have not told the full registration of the Faculty of Philosophy and Political Science! I hope that the next editorial Carlos extend its analysis of the flight worrying that our country suffers rifles and how is this compared to the brain drain (which I engrosaré probably in a few months).
Finally, and as it is fashionable to validate anecdotal complex argument (such as homeopathy !!!!!) I want to comment on the anecdote of the "only one lecture in the auditorium of the UNAM. But unfortunately does not inform us of the faculty and student level those who delivered his lecture where "I was talking business leadership, and I got examples or Sabritas Bimbo." and "I remember that I listened students face not understand anything, as if he were talking about another planet." I teno a hypothesis of the reasons that led to this. As public awareness doctoral study at the Center for Genomic Sciences at UNAM which is where the degree is taught in Genomic Sciences. A few years ago when she was barely entered the second or third generation at the auditorium an IBM conference was called the "Innovation Tour" ( This is the only reference I found present and explain why this is. The activity from 9 am ). My tutor was the coordinator of the doctoral degree at the time and when I talked as we had talked to the sound very interesting: Researchers at IBM were to talk to us and also we were the only presentation at a public university. The day of the presentation the audience had an acceptable hearing undergraduates and graduate students and researchers before us were two Latino IBM and IBM director of Guadalajara or so (I turn 30 my meoria almost fails). Unfortunately the atmosphere of expectation had been changing as time to define what Carlos as I listened face not understand anything, as if he were talking about another planet. " Why did this happen? because despite all patents developed by the two researchers did not come to talk science with us, came to talk about how important it was innovation, as we should look for innovation and a message of overcoming two Latinos who had excelled in IBM. Facing them were undergraduates who had ventured into a career-ups with a clear scientific definition and PhD students actively engaged in research and all they had prepared was a motivational seminar. The talk did not prosper at all, they expected to participate actively in brainstorming about how the innovation should be present in our lives and all they got were questions about algorithms to predict protein folding and biological data bases. The hall was emptied and the conference ended in a gray with a sense of confusion floating around.
The problem was that the speakers are bad or evil that students from the UNAM had we boycotted the seminar porpagandista of foreign transnational imperialist. The problem was we were not the ideal target for it, just do not expect to find students who use computers to find origins of transcription or genome assembly. Promised to return with more scientists engaged in biological and bioinformatics area but never did, I guess it's more profitable to bring two people who provide a generic conference in dozens of universities scientific speakers for 6 or 7 public universities. Maybe that same thing happened to Mr. Mota, perhaps gave the conference a theoretical economists or petroleum engineers to make your conference desuperación generic and they expected it was too small an academic transmission of knowledge. Or worse, what happened to him can happen to any speaker at the UNAM and confused faces "do not believe nothing "and" could be another explanation "with" not understand anything. "The ego can have a strong impact on the interpretation!
0 comments:
Post a Comment